Clara Benson Building
This large brick modernist structure at the south-west corner of Harbord and Huron Streets was constructed in 1959 to provide athletic facilities for women. It was named after Clara Benson who, among her many other endeavours at the University of Toronto had worked to secure improved athletic facilities for female students. In 1998 it was linked to the new Warren Steven Building to the west.
L.W. Richards, University of Toronto: An Architectural Tour, Princeton Architectural Press, New York, 2009, pp.171-2.