Burwash Hall, built in 1912 and the connected Burwash House residence, 1913 form part of the quadrangle of Victoria College, one of the most pleasant places on the campus. Not shown, another set of residence "houses" was added to the south of the Upper House in 1831 to accommodate theological students attending Emmanual College. The style of the newer addition is indistinguishable from that of the older buildings.
L.W. Richards, University of Toronto: An Architectural Tour, Princeton Architectural Press, New York, 2009, p.83.