263 McCaul Street
The old Toronto Board of Education Administration Building, built in 1916, used to front on College Street, but in 1959 was moved back to make way for the new Education Centre (since 2003 the Health Sciences Building). The old building is used by the University to house a number of departments and divisions. It is almost entirely hidden, its elaborate entrance now incongruously perched high above a service ramp leading from McCaul Street to the lower level of the Health Sciences Building and with its front steps now missing.
L.W. Richards, University of Toronto: An Architectural Tour, Princeton Architectural Press, New York, 2009, pp. 185-6.